Top 10 Tips for Spa Holiday Marketing
Are you prepared, and do you have an internet strategy in place to take advantage of social marketing? If not, here are some online marketing tips to get your spa ready for the holidays.
1. Segment your holiday email list. Consider dividing your list into groups based on age, gender, past click-thru behavior or past purchases.
2. Give subscribers LOTS of choices for holiday gift-giving in the form of Top 10 or 20 lists. Let’s face it; the holidays can be very stressful.Eliminate that tension by providing creative ideas in several categories and price ranges. Create lists such as “Top 10 Spa Gift Ideas Under $100” or “Top 10 Stress Busters” or “Gifts Ideas for Persnickety People.”
3. Send an email invitation to your best customers promoting an in-store VIP shopping event. Make it fun and offer discounted products and services and freebies such as chair massage and holiday make-over’s.
4. Send a special VIP offer to newsletter subscribers who are most active (those with the highest open and click-thrus rates). These are your most valuable subscribers. Reward this segment of your list with special VIP discounts to your online store.
5. If your spa has an online store, remind people that your shopping cart has a “Wishlist” feature!
6. Draw attention to Spa Gift Certificates. Make sure there’s a prominent link from your home page.
7. Spread holiday cheer to all your customers and newsletter subscribers. There’s no better time to send a thank you note to acknowledge their patronage. While you’re at it, be sure to include a discount on future purchases.
8. Promote sharing coupons and special offers with friends and relatives. This year, more than ever, consumers will be looking for bargains. Include a “forward to a friend” link and encourage subscribers to use it. Be sure to track those clicks.
9. Encourage sales by implementing a “Blow-Out” or “One-Day Only” sale. Invite customers and subscribers to sign-up to receive special notices. Each day, send out a notice spotlighting a single spa product or service at a special sale price – for 24 hours only. Creating a sense of urgency will boost sales!
10. Time your emails for key shopping days. Customers expect bargains and promotions on Cyber Monday, Green Monday, and the Friday following Thanksgiving. Don’t disappoint them.